Be Happy Now Not ‘One Day’
We can’t be happy 100% of the time at the end of the day we’re all human and that’s alright. I think everyone strives to be happy. It’s quite possibly the true meaning of life – we only get one, why not enjoy it? Here are 12 simple rules I try to live by:
- Be happy – take pleasure from the little things in life. Don’t dwell on bad experiences. Life is linear. You can’t change the past.
- Be kind – open a door for a stranger, pick up something someones dropped and chase after them to give it back, do what you’d hope someone would do for you.
- Think – take care of your actions and how other people might perceive you, be a better person.
- Embrace fear – do things that scare you, push your boundaries, explore new horizons.
- Make mistakes – the only way to learn sometimes is to try, the worst that can happen is to fail, you can always try again.
- Appreciate the world – go green, look after the planet. Consume less and things will mean more.
- Eat natural – cut out processed food, eat fresh, eat raw, eat anything a five year old could easily identify. Your body and bank will thank you.
- Buy a filtered water bottle and drink 1 litre a day, then two.
- Stretch everything, learn some yoga moves, feel every muscle.
- Treat yourself, regularly. Do it just for you.
- Find your passion; whether it’s travel, work or even another person. Give it all of your time and energy.
- Get out more. Enjoy nature. Take a break from technology. Switch off.
These are just some simple things to focus on to bring a bit more joy in to your life. Really the most important thing to consider is if you are not happy, change it. Book that trip. Tell someone you love them. Pick up the phone. It’s these decisive moments of action that steer our lives in the right direction. Life really is short and most of us are very lucky to have our health and people who love us. Nothing else is that important really.
Have any other tips on how to be happy? I’d love to hear your comments below!
Need a change?
Have you always dreamed of a life in travel? Subscribe to the newsletter for tips and actual links for different careers in the travel industry. All you have to do is take the first step!